Startup Porto Accelerator is a programme aimed at fostering the emergence of startups carrying out activities of medium and high technological intensity. To attain this purpose the programme includes 3 stages of acceleration with different goals and duration:
1 | Call For Entrepreneurs
Duration: 23/05/2017 to 7/07/2017
The first stage of Startup Porto Accelerator is the call for entrepreneurs. The registration period opened in January and expires at June 30. Later, Startup Porto Accelerator team will announce the 25 best projects and the group of promoters that will have the opportunity to attend a 16 hours workshop about “Lean Startup Methodology”. After the learning experience, only 15 teams/projects will guarantee their ticket to the next stage of the programme.
Call open period: 23/05/2017 to 7/07/2017
Announcing the results (25 applicants choosen): 20/07/2017
2 | Acceleration in 3 steps
Duration: 11 September to 22 November 2017
In the second phase of Startup Porto Accelerator the entrepreneurs will continue their acceleration experience in three different stages: “Tune”, “Build” and “On Phase”. Let´s see what each one reserves:
- “Tune” – the first step in the acceleration period, tests projects and teams in different ways. The participants have opportunity to define the business model, the market and confirm all projections or ideas using “Lean Startup Methodologies”;
- “Build” – it´s time to build, improve and change the product based on answers obtained with market and business model confirmations;
- “On stage” – after all the changes is necessary to prepare growth, market strategies and the final pitch of the projects for the Startup Porto Accelerator DemoDay (22nd November). This session will occur in a conference dedicated to Technological Entrepreneurship. The 10 startups will have 5 minutes to pitch in order to retain the attention and capital from the investors’ panel.
3 | Scale Up
Duration: 24/11/2017 – 30/11/2017
After Startup Porto Accelerator Demo Day the 10 projects enjoy of a free incubation period at ANJE and INESC TEC facilities until the end of May. After the incubation period, the entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to join an immersive experience (during a week) in Silicon Valley ecosystem. At San Francisco entrepreneurs will be able to:
- Enjoy a free pack of 12 hours coaching with mentors from San Francisco ecosystem;
- Meet specialists responsible for providing support in the definition of market strategy, preparing pitches for partners and guiding to organise investors’ presentations.
- Access to know-how and assistance services available in Silicon Valley ecosystem and useful for the project evolution;
- Access to precious insights for the incubation and scale up periods.