Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps startups succeed by giving them free access to Microsoft Azure cloud services, software, and support. BizSpark startups receive five Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN subscriptions, each with a $150 monthly Azure credit. This totals $750/month across all five developers to spend on Azure services. These benefits are available for one year. BizSpark is committed to helping technology startups realize their goals on their own terms and in the shortest amount of time.
Amazon Web Services
AWS Activate Package – a new startup program for early stage companies who have raised up to $1.5 million in total capital. The program provides the following:
- $5,000 in AWS credits valid for 2 years;
- Free access to the AWS Essentials 1 day web-based or instructor-led training (normally ~$600/course), AWS Technical Professional Accreditation course, plus 8 tokens for self-paced labs (normally ~$30/lab);
- 1 year of premium AWS Business Support ;
- Free access to 1:1 virtual office hours with AWS solutions architects;
- Special offers from other companies that help startups, including Chef, Bitnami, Amazon Payments, SOASTA, Podio, CopperEgg and more.
SendGrid offers, to the 10 final startups, a pack of benefits that involves different strategical and crucial areas for the launch and development of new businesses. The entrepreneurs will be able to connect with the SendGrid mentors and get access to their best practices knowledge. SendGrid Community Team leaders are also available to provide networking, resources and support the 10 startups in order to reach the next level. In addition to mentoring, the entrepreneurs will also have acess to:
- Email Deliverability: includes Pro 100k plan, allowing startups to send up to 100K emails per month (valued at $79.95 per month and $959 per year);
- Marketing Campaigns: powerful list segmentation, engagement features, and e-mail marketing performance at your fingertips including up to 32k contacts (valued at $30 per month and $360 per year);
- Load Testing: free 6 month access to Loader.io. This feature allows entrepreneurs to stress test their web apps & API with thousands of concurrent connections. Make sure entrepreneurs can handle day traffic with ease! (valued at $50 per month and $300 half a year).
Cisco offers the possibility to join DevNet. This programme aggregate more than 300.000 developers in a community that feel that their solutions can benefit from integration with Cisco Hardware and Software platforms. This way developers can access to the information flowing through them. DevNet grants free access to:
- Training with Guided Learning Tracks;
- 24×7 SandBox Remote Labs where developers can run their code against hosted live infrastructure;
- API Documents and SDKs;
- Participation in forums;
- Cisco Challenges with prizes that have reached 250.000$ in previous editions;
- All DevNet events promoted by Cisco Portugal.
Cisco country executives are also available to evaluate a joint go-to-market with startups that develop a solution that has clear synergies with the Cisco platforms.
Teixeira & Guimarães – Sociedade de Advogados
Teixeira & Guimarães is a Portuguese boutique law firm with a protocol service for advising startups and early stage entrepreneurship – ESSA (Early Stage Startup Advising). There is usually a common denominator and unequivocal reason for why, in many situations, entrepreneurs do not see their business ideas move forward. For that reason, Teixeira & Guimarães developed a service applicable to entrepreneurship, willing to cover the main difficulties for startups at an early stage. Teixeira & Guimarães will support entrepreneurs from the Startup Porto Accelerator by offering a package of 18 hour legal services. This support is expected to ignite the interest from entrepreneurs about the legal impact on their business model.